View Single Post

Thread: Pirates of the Aether

1. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Pirates of the Aether

Kieran's pleased to see Rok too, though he stumbles slightly after the pat on the back.

'Aye, lad, I'm glad tae see ye too. Careful.' Kieran chuckles.

Kieran's finished speaking to Maia, and has gathered Rok, Maia, Aimari, and anyone else present in this cabin.

'Now what's all this about money? Did ye sell the cargo?'

After their answer Kieran speaks,

'Now, nae doubt ye're wondering where I've been the last few days. Well I met the Oracle, that we've heard so much about. She told me...many things. I'm not sure how much to believe. I have seen some wondrous sights, and powerful magic, so I'm not sure how far I trust what I've seen.

The people of Serzai and their Oracle have a plan, fer me, specifically. Perhaps tha' was part of Cap'n Reya's mission in the first place, perhaps not. I intend tae find out. Seems they think I'm some character from their religion, or history.

Now, we could try and cut and run. We brought news of Cap'n Reya's fate back tae her people. We dinnae owe them anything. We take our money, and get a cargo in another port.

Or, we could stick about, see if we can't profit from our position. Though it would likely mean we'd have to try and fulfil this Oracle's reading of my fate. Could be dangerous.

On the other hand, if the Oracle is a true one, then it could well be dangerous to turn away. If the Oracle spoke true, what we'd face is a threat tae the whole world, and it will hunt us nae matter where we go'.

Kieran thinks What gives them the right to put us in this danger? To pluck us from our lives to play out a story from their myth?

Kieran's in control, but he sounds angry. Then he sighs, and says indignantly,

'Oh, and apparently, we're married, the Oracle and I. From a previous life. If my first wife's still alive, I s'pose that makes me a bigamist. Dinnae ken how I'm ever going tae explain it tae her - that I'm married to a Lady cursed lake!'
    Last edited by Wordplay; 2012-08-30 at 09:36 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092