Quote Originally Posted by hobbitkniver View Post
I think Icewind Dale used 3.0 whereas Baldurs Gate was AD&D. I personally much prefer the rulesets employed in the Baldurs Gate Series, but it's just personal preference. I also don't quite understand what you mean by blowing it out of proportion. I think Neverwinter Nights had a weak story and too much hack and slash that just didn't keep me entertained. I thoroughly enjoyed Neverwinter Nights 2 though 3.5 is my favorite in Pencil and Paper so I might be a bit biased.
Didn't nwn have a lot more skills to choose where to put points into, and a lot more feats and such? I was just thinking it got needlessly complicated at that point, whereas the AD&D of BG was too simple (literally all you chose was weapon proficiencies and spells if your character had them). IWD2 was a good in-between I thought, although maybe I'm remembering it wrong... it's been a while since I tried nwn. At any rate, I was just trying to say I wished they'd have used IWD2's ruleset.

I guess I'll just have to console myself with attempting to roll the highest stats possible in BG's attribute allocation setup...

Yes, you can all safely ignore my opinions, for I am a powerplayer (and because I only ever knew D&D through Baldur's Gate, which actually makes almost every technical joke in oots accessible to non-table-top players)