Quote Originally Posted by Zelkon View Post
God, I'm having trouble with how to make this class viable to melees and spellcasters alike. I know I want a mechanic that allows a caster to pull out a weapon and start hacking and slashing, and one that gives a melee guy the ability to pull out a wand and cast a spell to get out of a quick fix, but I don't know how to balance this with caster level, BAB, spells per day, and everything. Help, please!
One thought I had when I was still considering a Glove of Storing PrC was the ability to using it to store intangible things (such as storing fire and releasing it later as a ranged touch attack, or storing smoke or mist to produce a cloud effect). Maybe allow the storage granted by your cloak of useful bags of holding to capture certain intangible things like spells, gouts of flame, air, thoughts, etc. Then instead of pulling a wand, a warrior pulls a stream of positive energy or some such.

Make the damage, healing, and/or area affected scale with level, and maybe add different effects per level (like the ability to capture a stench to produce a stinking cloud eventually).