View Single Post

Thread: Mass Effect 3.7: "That was for Thane"

1. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.7: "That was for Thane"

Well, I'm still experimenting with the N7 Slayer, and I think I'm starting to get the hang of it, which makes me immensely happy. I've been playing as soldiers and vanguards since the first Mass Effect, and I was more than a little let down when I saw how much power Vanguards and Soldiers seemed lose in multiplayer as the difficulty increased, at least initially. Most of the reason that I was so happy with the Destroyer and the Slayer was I could use them confidently on Gold and Platinum. Anyway, I've found that although Biotic Slash is certainly powerful, it's not nearly as fun as Phase Disruptor. Interestingly, I don't notice much of a decrease in effectiveness when I choose to use Phase Disruptor over Biotic Slash, provided that adjust my tactics accordingly. Phase Disruptor encourages the use of "Classic" Vanguard tactics: weaken at range, charge in, finish the job. The key to applying this tactic in Gold and Platinum (in my experience) is to be smart about where and when you charge. I usually only charge when an enemy is close to my team, so that I know that I won't be targeted and killed instantly. I always take the weapon damage upgrade for charge, so it's a great way to boost my damage when things start getting dicey. Until the enemies get that close, however, I can still harass them with Phase Disruptor. I'm also finding that it pays to have an assault rifle or smg equipped on my Slayer rather than a shotgun, so that I can weaken enemies as they come in, then charge and unload on them.

Long story short, the next time I get the chance to reset my powers, I'm going to go for 6 in Phase Disruptor, and I think I'll grab at least one weapon damage upgrade in the Slayer passive. The smgs and assault rifles that I use most often don't weigh much anymore, anyway. I think I might go to rank 3 in Biotic Slash to help set off detonations, and to rank 5 in fitness, relying on my Stronghold package to make up the difference in shields.
    Last edited by Beowulf DW; 2012-09-02 at 08:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.