I thought about vech's maps. I decided for now to do my end of mining for specific reasons.

1)I've never beaten the dragon before, or even traveled to the end. I have collected wool and records before. In a vech's map.

2) Once you beat a vech's map, there's nothing else to do in that map. I wanted to be able to beat the dragon with some challenge, and then move on to play normally.

3) There is something about caving with nothing but a wooden sword, some torches and a few pieces of bread. From what I've seen of Vech's map, the pacing and environment is different. Though epic, it doesn't have that randomness that true caves have.

4) I will likely play a vech's map at some point. I enjoyed his 404 challenge. However, Vech's being a widely popular map, spoilers are difficult to avoid.

I don't know if dungeon spawning has changed in 1.3, or the game senses that I only have a wooden sword and my wits, but after half an hour of caving I have come across 2 skeleton dungeons, 1 spider dungeon and 1 zombie dungeon. In 1 cave. they seem like they are around every corner. Can anyone confirm this suspicion, or did I get a strange world?