Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
I believe I have seen this quote and "reign of evil" is not the same thing as eternal winter.

We're talking about a place where magic actually factually raises the sun and moon. That is sufficiently different enough on its own to throw out any resemblances to Earth universe physics as isolated coincidences.

We can take nothing for certain or extrapolate on any sort of physics basis as the science (talking about the fundamental idea here) of Equestria is different.

Sufficiently different that we should take nothing for granted as a starting point, not merely the same unless shown.

EDIT: Yes we have "era of evil" not reign, but nothing about say the implications of no-sun=no-heat.
So because she doesn't say that the lack of sun would mean a lack of nourishment for the plants, that would then mean that nothing changes? Not sure I like where you're going with this as you're opening doors to interpret a lot of things based on what Faust didn't say in there.

NMM will kill everypony, because Faust didn't say she was a pacifist. NMM will create a harem for herself, because Faust didn't explain whether or not alicorns would want physical affection.

But enough about that. Faust did not mention what NMM would do specifically, nor did she mention the implications of any of this. So anything could have happened, and until someone says that the plants don't need sunlight to grow in Equestria, I'm going to assume the world works as intended until explained differently.

I mean, Gravity works as per usual, and no one's bothered to explain if it does work or not.