Quote Originally Posted by Throknor View Post
OK, a bit specious, but this is a traveling circus that has access to magic. Are there any enchantments place-able on objects like the box that would make it weigh a lot less, regardless of what's in it? If they keep it in a heavy box and he's heavy then they'd need to use their strong-men to move him - not very convenient. (At first I was going to say the cart is enchanted, but I remember he had to lift it on the cart by himself.)

Just throwing it out as a thought-bubble. While it seems possible to me I'm not a player that would know for sure. And yes, they may have stronger humanoids we haven't seen that aren't inconvenient to use - the point is could the box be enchanted?
The standard D&D spell to help carry large weights with magic is Tenser's Floating Disk. It wasn't used in either situation, and from the name I think it is wizard-only (i.e. not clerical). Now, I am not well versed in splatbook magic, but D&D is not too expansive in non-fighting spells, in general. Players are more interested in ways to get rid of the monsters guarding the piles of treasure than in the mechanics of moving said treasure afterwards.

Grey Wolf