View Single Post

Thread: Old Ways IC

1. - Top - End - #2351
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Old Ways IC

Quote Originally Posted by MeanMrsMustard View Post
    Alanna tries to address Artanis gently and firmly. "No, this isn't a social visit, though I would like this to be as friendly as possible… you see, earlier in the cave, you acted like you were trying to protect me, and although I appreciate your concern for my safety, I'd like to make sure you know that I'm a big girl, and I can take care of myself. I've got good weapons and armor, and I'm tougher than I look. It's probably wise to not assume that because someone's young, or a girl, or babyfaced, they must be weak!" She laughs and thumps him on the shoulder. If he has any response, she listens politely and says, "Well, thanks for bein' understanding! Have fun studying, and seeya 'round!" and skips off.
    Artanis tilted his head slightly and slowly nodded once as he closed his eyes.

He opened his eyes and replied slowly, gaurding his words.
    "I shall take your grievances into account the next time danger lurks."

As she skips off he resumes practicing his magical gestures. His mind began to wander back to his nightmares and he caught himself before he accidentally set off his last spell.
    He sighed and put off his practice until his mind had cleared from this last encounter.

He began to speak to himself, tired of how his mind made his words so fleeting.

"If only it were so easy to do as you say..."
    He saw the death of his comrade, Tassadar, from his nightmares and looked at the rest of the group.
    "If only you all understood my fear of this nightmare. How it has grown to become more than it should."
    He remembered the horrible wounds that everyone had recieved against the thoul.
    "My death would be of little consequence. Any of yours, on the other hand, would simply drive me to the brink. No, I cannot easily do as you ask until this nightmare has been laid to rest... one way or another."

__________________________________________________ ___________

Artanis looked after the fleeing Talsarios and sighed,
    "What a fine situation. I have angered not one, but two of my comrades today."

He blinked as he realized what he had just said.
    Comrades? Why... why must I become attached to them now? Attachments bring pain...
    Another part of his mind responded:
    But they can bring you comfort.

He merely sighed again and grabbed a loaf of bread and a wedge of cheese as he followed Talsarios, determined to make things right.
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2012-09-05 at 07:48 PM.
    Invincibility lies in the defense. The possibility of victory is in the attack.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:
    (SF) bombs and Hangar Support
    The Forge (Crafting System)

Extended Homebrew Sig

Dice (feel free to use them!):
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

"I want you dead enough to turn into a handbag and I want you dead enought to turn into a toaster!"
    -Unknown XCOM Commander