Which I am not opposed to. I'm still a huge fan of XPH and ToB also has its own considerable fanbase.
But other than the Complete line, these don't appear to cause nearly as much rules bloat to me. They are alternative options but mostly leave the existing material unaffected. If you play a psion, you have your one book to work with, if you are a warblade you have another one. But it's this mentality of combining obscure material from six different sources that I really don't like. Then it starts to get about beating the system and the narrative aspects completely falls into the background.
I much prefer the approach, which seems to be highlighted a lot by the devs recently, of approaching character building from the narrative side, asking the classic questions "where do I come from, who am I, where do I go to", and then looking for a way to have these things reflected in the characters mechanical stats.

While of course I can not deny anyone to say "I noticed when you combine A with B and C, they all aplify each other. Let's build that and unleash it on monsters", but I think this should not be the style that the books portray.