Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
Came in to the thread at a perfect time. Need more good human pony images.

Actually, I had some comments on something else. Watching through season 1 due to a great Youtube video I found (I'm still not sure about the legality of linking here, on MMOC we're not allowed to link full episodes), and these comments are about Suited for Success. Besides, I haven't done this in awhile:

song lyrics: Rainbow won't look like a Tank

Foreshadowing? Duh duh dun......

AJ: "What if it rains? Galoshes!"

Because the pegasi would totally schedule rain during the Grand Galloping gala? Why would ponies prepare for weather when they know it better than we do?

People call Rarity a name-dropper. But the mention of Hoity Toity was Spike's, and he and Twilight recognized him. on top of that, Spike said he spoke to him personally. So, what kind of status, individually, do Spike and Twilight even have in Canterlot? Would not the higher-ups of Canterlot during Sweet and Elite recognize her? And what exactly gives Spike the power to flame breath scrolls, but instead has them teleported to Princess Celestia? We know his history a little. Twilight raised him from birth. So, where does he get it? Does this confirm the theory that he is his own species of dragon, or at least one we haven't seen elsewhere?
Actually, from what I understand, Princess Celestia raised Spike after he hatched (which makes a great deal more sense than leaving an newborn dragon to be raised by a young filly with magic control and anxiety issues).

My personal headcannon on Canterlot status is that, between coming from a very elite family and being Princess Celestia's personal student, most of the Canterlot elite know of Twilight Sparkle, but, due to her being a virtual hermit during her Canterlot years, virtually nopony has ever actually met her or even knows what she looks like (Jet Set and Upper Crust would have likely gone into cardiac arrest if they had realized who that awkwardly dancing mare they were mocking really was). Spike, on the other hoof, being the social creature that he is, is fairly well known among the Canterlot elite, both because he was raised by Celestia and because he spent years acting as Twlight's link to the outside world.