1. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LIII: Stashing Ponythreads Around in Case of Ponymergency!

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    Um... Toss a hyphen after the L in Analicious.

Giggle giggle giggle immature snicker.
    Kairaven's suggestion was good, so I changed it. But you've all quoted it a couple times, so the joke will be preserved for everypony that has a juvenile sense of humor (so, y'know, all of us).

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    He's the O to the TAKU to the U-R-YO-G-A
    And eating little ponies is what he does all day!
    He's Otakulicious.
    You, uh, added an extra U.

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Ads are also notorious liars and suffer straight up errors much of the time. Frankly doesn't bother me because they aren't supposed to be factual, but at the same time they aren't a source for anything.

This isn't a pony rule its a general rule. I find book summaries/descriptions on dust jackets or when ordering a pretty rich source of misleading information.

And one of several reasons I think the only the shows themselves are entirely official. WoG also exists but should only be extended to a VERY limited scope after which it ends completely.

Mere corporate connection is not enough. Merch is broadly at zero already for having no bear, marketing is just at negative values for temporary and as a medium too often wrong. Course in the real world convergence can and often does happen, but until it does it hasn't.

(Also the show is copyrighted by Hasbro Studio, neither the Hub nor Discovery appear in the credits for the show. Though okay I only checked one credit reel. Hasbro Studio itself is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hasbro who separately own a 50% stake in the Hub. Technically the Hub is merely a host for US media markets. This is largely separate from canon but I see ponies try to invoke the Hub a fair bit yet the Hub has no real status.)

I mention aristocracy by most normal standards Celestia and Luna would probably be considered to have no relatives because any relations are ridiculously removed. I'd speculate they only have consideration because Celestia must have had some form of legal heir while Luna was on the moon.

For your second point bluebloods generally like y'know blood. Also unless we are ascribing a paternal relationship on Celestia's part (which conflicts with Blueblood as "nephew" for starters) that doesn't actually help anything because being adopted would still require simply one less generation in the thousand year chain from when, presumably, the two sister's aunts/uncles were alive.

Then what the heck, I can understand everyone out of country but you seriously never encountered coffee and donuts?
    Is it important that Cadance not be Celestia's niece? I mean, I'm not giving the ad that much credit or anything, but we don't have any canon evidence contradicting it. So on one side we have what you consider to be a very weak source saying she's the niece, and on the other side we have no evidence at all. That still suggests that niece=yes should be the default interpretation unless there's some important reason why having Cadance be related to Celestia messes stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Everypony we made EqD

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/0...us-2.html#more

Or more appropriately Kairaven's reward recording did. Apparently without knowledge thereof...
    That's good I think? I dunno who sent it to them, but I hope Kairaven isn't upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    *sigh*
    My affability and civility is a thin veneer held up by my good humour, and I find less and less of that of late in the universe at large, ponythread or otherwise.
    Aww, I'm sorry that existence is sapping your good humor, dear lich. Like the following picture, ponythread will try to catch you before your complete descent into madness.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Anarion; 2012-09-09 at 10:25 AM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)