Spoiler
Show
yeah, I get that I've skipped some things that likely would have filled in more backstory. I'd also guessed that the horn was the thing. I just really don't like how I'm being lead by the nose to do things the module creator's way without any real input in how I accomplish things. It's all "figure out the ritual and do it exactly or have absolutely no way to advance" that's getting to me. I'm being tired of being told what to do. It's not you, though. I just really get tired of one-solution puzzles pretty fast. I play dnd to express creativity, and this module provides little of that.

LG takes a breath and calms down. The rational part of his brain knows that if awakening Tharizdun was so easy, it would have been done and the city would have been screwed centuries ago. Still, he hates the prospect of rousing even just a small aspect of a god. They tend to not take irreverence well, and LG barely has any for Tiamat, the only deity he reveres. Still, he has to find that night hag and this is in his way. Time to deal with it.

LG puts the ritual horn of nose-leading to his mouth and blows it.