Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
I think the spell I'm thinking of is called Ash Cloud? 3rd Level spell.
XD6 damage, large area of effect, area affected is also treated as rough terrain. Rough terrain prevents charging, and slows movement to half. Handy handy control for non-flyers.
There's Ash Storm, but that doesn't do damage.

Isn't there a Metamagic effect that can be added to various spells? It can add effects like Nausiate or Stun or Daze or something?
There are several metamagic feats you might be thinking of. There's Dazing Spell, which does what it says on the tin. Then you've got a few element-specific feats, like Rime Spell, which works on cold spells and entangles targets, or Concussive Spell, which works on sonic spells and gives a general debuff.

Sirroco-XD6 Damage, can knock enemies prone, great for countering flyers. Also it has a status effect, though I forget what it is.
4d6 damage +1/level, and the status is fatigued or exhausted (if they're already fatigued).

I'm not sure debuffs and control are the same thing. Entangled is both a control and debuff effect, because it limits movement, and dazed is definitely control because it limits actions. But things like fatigued or deafened or whatnot are really in the debuff realm.