Quote Originally Posted by EvilRoeSlade View Post
I had to look it up. Wine In Front Of Me - a reference to the princess bride.

Making a deduction based on a subject's actions when the subject knows their actions are being observed.
One little quibble:

WIFOM in WW applies to suspected wolves acting in a manner nominally townish, but not to activity that can be logically supported as suspicious in its own right.

Gray Mage's d1 vote was sticking his neck out, so unless we are to assume I'm a wolf*, probability dictates the action to be nominally town. *I get the added luxury of certainty in stating it is nominally town.

However, it is beneficial to the wolves to keep the number of people they interact with down (and vice versa for town), which leads to double voting being nominally wolfish unless they are a seer. Again, probability dictates a nominally wolfish action.

Now that you understand my meaning in the use of WIFOM, we can move on to reactions:

Disagree with my logic, point out its flaws and suggest a better target. This is the path of a villager when an analyst pokes them.

Vehement retaliation against the analysis and the suggestion that there is no solid logic. This is the path of the new player or the panicky wolf. Two doing it together, => probably wolves.

Why I think ERS is a wolf.

Exhibit 1)
Hmm, casting the same insignificant vote twice isn't anywhere near the most suspicious activity that I've seen. Claiming it to be so however, is.
What he actually thinks was the most suspicious thing prior to my post being made is never mentioned. Rather, he suggests that it is obvious enough that anyone not agreeing with him is suspicious. This is patently absurd.

Exhibit 2)
This is of course basically the only kind of logic available to us, and TBFProgrammer has used it too.
He dismisses all logic here, unless he is saying WIFOM is fine, in which case my use of it would not be suspect at all (I never said WIFOM was suspicious at this point and I don't really find it so for early d2).

Exhibit 3)
Look at the votes.

Basically, it is the same reason Lemons always catches me when I'm a wolf , he jumped on a manufactured excuse.

Anyways, The Grimmace, le sigh.

Preview edit: Ramsus, I simply disagree that Gray Mage is the most suspicious of those in my list.