Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
I like the speculation that you all have posted so far.

My own contribution is twofold:
  1. We'll see Ian and Uncle Geoff somewhere in the tomb, and they'll have something useful to contribute.
  2. Girard shows up somehow. He's half-draconic; isn't it reasonable to expect that the present events would be within his natural lifespan? If he didn't die of old age, that implies he died from an accident or a critter got him, and that the Draketooth Clan didn't have the resources to raise him. I'm not sure that #2 is impossible, with a paranoid clan that might not have a cleric with enough horsepower to Resurrect him. And that might not want try finding a cleric who does, and allow the news to get out that Girard isn't guarding the Gate anymore.

This will mean he'll need to be Rezzed' (or True Res, despite the Giant's stated antipathy to that spell) and guess who just happens to have one dose of diamond dust left...? Malack wouldn't trip Girard's alignment filter, would he? I just can't see any arcane caster still in Stick-World, besides Girard, who can do more than serve as a speed bump to Xykon. Hence, if Xykon gets foiled at this Gate, Girard'll have to show up to do it.

Meh, I don't think #2 will happen, but this is the thread for rank speculation. I'll go with it.
Girard is only quarter-draconic. That, and the fact that had he still been alive, he would definitely have fallen to the Familicide make his appearance here (except as a ghost, perhaps - but that was already done back in Azure City) all but impossible.