1. - Top - End - #784
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Warhammer 40k fluff thread VI: They see me Ward'en, they haten

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear
    Techno-Heretics. Nothing less.
    I know that the numbers were talking are unprecedented, but this is one of the reasons as to why I suggested Deathwatch. Their mandate is to capture xenos tech and give it to the Mechanicus in order to reverse engineer it - this is how the Imperium ended up with the C'Tan Phase Sword and such.

An alternative is to go completely the other way - this new Chapter could have been created FOR the Ad.Mech. in order to do just this. Let's say they have inordinately strong ties to Mars - like the Iron Hands - and their determined role (in the same way that the Space Sharks and Minotaurs were 'designed' to fight other Marines, perhaps) is to perform high-level testing of soon-to-be-released weapons and equipment on the battle field and then report back on how well or poorly it went.

It'd look a lot better if your force was led by a Master of the Forge or Xenos Inquisitor, just for the flavour of the thing, but there's no more reason that a Chapter couldn't be unexpectedly trusted by the Ad.Mech, than one could be trusted by the Grey Knights (as with the Exorcist Chapter) and the likes.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Macab View Post
    Anybody got any interesting fluff on the Flawless Host?

I'm thinking of starting a chaos Warband

DM
    There's a little bit available on the Lexicanum. They don't seem to be particularly well known or used, sadly.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2012-09-12 at 01:54 PM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation