Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
As far as Xenos are concerned, your best Allies are Eldar and Tau. So, make use of that in your fluff/modelling so it makes sense when you do use Allies.
I would probably modify space marines (or scouts) with spar parts from eldar or tau regiments for weapons even if they are called allies.

Your best bet for something like that is probably running Scouts and Sternguard. Double bonus because Sternguard are essentially Deathwatch. So if you want to paint up a DW Squad it will still fit in your army list.
I will probably paint a DW squad, all with the shoulder insignia of the chapter, and the sternguard are going to have the silvered left arm typical to the death watch.

Techno-Heretics. Nothing less. The only way you get around that is by having strong ties to the Inquisition that prevent you from being purged. It's unlikely that you would have traditional Techmarines, as anyone from your Chapter that gets sent to Mars (that's where the red armour comes from), is likely to be shunned or executed.

Ultimately, to do what you're doing, you'll need strong ties to the Inquisition and probably Deathwatch resources.
Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
I know that the numbers were talking are unprecedented, but this is one of the reasons as to why I suggested Deathwatch. Their mandate is to capture xenos tech and give it to the Mechanicus in order to reverse engineer it - this is how the Imperium ended up with the C'Tan Phase Sword and such.

An alternative is to go completely the other way - this new Chapter could have been created FOR the Ad.Mech. in order to do just this. Let's say they have inordinately strong ties to Mars - like the Iron Hands - and their determined role (in the same way that the Space Sharks and Minotaurs were 'designed' to fight other Marines, perhaps) is to perform high-level testing of soon-to-be-released weapons and equipment on the battle field and then report back on how well or poorly it went.

It'd look a lot better if your force was led by a Master of the Forge or Xenos Inquisitor, just for the flavour of the thing, but there's no more reason that a Chapter couldn't be unexpectedly trusted by the Ad.Mech, than one could be trusted by the Grey Knights (as with the Exorcist Chapter) and the likes.
Yes both the adeptus mechanicus and the ordo xenos use alien technology, so having strong ties with both organism are probably a good way to go. Since the chapter will need a great deal of techmarines to keep all the alien technology functioning being led by forge masters is not unthinkable.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Macab View Post
Anybody got any interesting fluff on the Flawless Host?

I'm thinking of starting a chaos Warband

DM
There is a bit more on the wiki