Speaker Ander Windrivver

Ander nods at Tyra as she completes her introductory remarks and takes his seat.

Thank you, Tyra. Let's get right down to business, we have a lot to discuss today.

Ander shuffles through his notes and settles his thoughts.

Before we hear everyone's reports, I have an announcement to make. I'm sure you will all want to voice your own opinions but please, wait until I have finished speaking.

Since the Battle of Narle, a major concern of ours has been what to do about the paladins and angels who, alive or dead, are trapped in Hell. Another concern has been growing in my mind as well: what do do about the released Fiend Lords. I believe that with all of them free and back in Hell it is only a matter of time before they attempt to do something serious: an assault on the mortal plane in order to release Azguloth.

The Church obviously does not have the military strength to meet the legions of hell in open combat and the nobles of this kingdom are less than useless, completely unable to set aside their differences to drive out the elves let alone an army of fiends. As I thought about what to do, only one course of action became clear.

He pauses for effect, looking each of the Exarchs in the eye.

I will undergo the rest of the Project Angelus transformation and return to Hell myself to defeat the Fiend Lords before they can put their plan into action. No other living person has as much combat experience fighting fiends and Fiend Lords in Hell as I do and branded with the complete set of Angelus runes, my divine powers will work potently even down there.

There will be no mercy for the Fiend Lords this time. Their souls will be imprisoned in soul crystals to be destroyed finally and utterly. At the same time, it is my hope that I will be able to rescue at least some of our fallen comrades.

This is not a mission I undertake lightly and it is not something I will rush into half-cocked. It will take some time to prepare my equipment, formulate a plan for travelling back and forth between the planes to resupply and deposit rescuees, and to make sure I leave the Church in a capable state to handle its affairs while I am gone. To that end, I have begun searching for my old weapon, Fiendkiller, and require either new armor or a way to repair my old suit. Any suggestions on those points will be greatly appreciated.

Looking around at the faces of the other council members, it is obvious that they won't be able to hold their silence much longer. Each one looks about ready to burst.

Let's open the floor for questions. After that, I would like to hear from Winril about his breakthroughs regarding Angelus and the soulstones, from Melissan about the state of the branded angels and the refugees, Randall about the current outbreak of heresy, and from Ysora about the proposed training plans to bolster our forces.

With the can of worms well and truly opened, Ander leans back and prepares for the verbal onslaught to come.