1. - Top - End - #144
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Covenant (Halo) vs The Grand Imperium of Man (Warhammer 40k)

Quote Originally Posted by Urist View Post
    Trying to claim the Covenant have any chance in space is laughable. Even low-end calculations for the Imperium puts lances spitting out gigajoules of energy, and Covenant shields go down to megajoules. Void Shields on even the smallest vessels, meanwhile, take hours of lance bombardment and still keep kicking. An Imperium vessel could feasibly tank hundreds of Covenant vessels firing on it indefinitely, and swat them at its leisure.
    You know I was just in the process of crunching those numbers myself? It seems to me that the only comparable weaponry the Covenant have to a standard Imperial Lance battery are the Energy Projectors aboard their Super Carriers. And as you pointed out, Void Shields are designed to prevent those same lances from reaching the soon to be gooey starship exterior hull plating.

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    I'd say they are perfectly fine with being here; being just another variable like the Tyranids, we may as well say that this discussion has evolved into a Halo universe versus Warhammer universe battle.
    Look, I'm trying to be polite here, and while I'd love to weigh in on that discussion, it really is the kind of thing for another thread. I'm much more interested in a conflict specifically between the Imperium of Man and Covenant, sans all other factions in their respective universes actually entering said conflict.

If you like, I'll create that thread for you and we can engage in that discussion there.
    Last edited by ChaosLord29; 2012-09-14 at 11:21 PM.
    Favorite Things Mr. Welch can't do during an RPG:
    • My monk's lips must be in sync.
    • Collateral Damage Man is not an appropriate concept for a super hero.
    • No longer allowed to recreate the Death Star Trench Run out of genre.
    • When accepting a challenge for a duel, I must allow the other guy time to find a pistol.
    • Check the door means to listen at it, not put several rounds through it.
    • We will not implement any plan that includes the words "And hope they miss a lot"