1. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Covenant (Halo) vs The Grand Imperium of Man (Warhammer 40k)

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosLord29 View Post
    You know I was just in the process of crunching those numbers myself? It seems to me that the only comparable weaponry the Covenant have to a standard Imperial Lance battery are the Energy Projectors aboard their Super Carriers. And as you pointed out, Void Shields are designed to prevent those same lances from reaching the soon to be gooey starship exterior hull plating.
    So the Covenant had no chance of winning in the first place. Thus my arguments are entirely pointless, and the purpose of this thread is null. The Imperium wins.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosLord29 View Post
    Look, I'm trying to be polite here, and while I'd love to weigh in on that discussion, it really is the kind of thing for another thread. I'm much more interested in a conflict specifically between the Imperium of Man and Covenant, sans all other factions in their respective universes actually entering said conflict.

If you like, I'll create that thread for you and we can engage in that discussion there.
    It was a joke. Chaos? Magic? Insane technology caused by tens of millenia of development? Put that against three factions, of which two have been functioning for maybe 2k years each, with only one actually being competent for 2k of those years. The other was in power for maybe 100.

Covenant is obliterated.
    Humanity is vaporized.
    The Flood probably just kind of... Float somewhere. I'm sure they'd do some damage, but not enough.
    Last edited by Triscuitable; 2012-09-14 at 11:27 PM.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.