View Single Post

Thread: Unlimited power with SRD only materials

1. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Unlimited power with SRD only materials

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Under the XP Costs section of the spell...as part of an 'if-then' exception to the flat cost of 5,000 XP. 'If it doesn't specifically say otherwise, I can do it' is not RAW - RAW is 'if if doesn't say you can do it, you can't'.
    No, actually, what you refer to is called practical optimization. A common mistake when looking at theoretical optimization.

The rule says I can create a magic item and then fails to limit me in a meaningful way.

I am not saying I am just doing 10 jumping jacks to cast a wish spell because the rules don't say I can't.

I am saying that I am using a poorly defined rule that allows theoretically anything and building from there.

So, you miss an important point with your statement: I have grounding in existing rules to do this rather than making them up on the spot.

Quoth the PHB:
    Indeed...creating items without prerequisites is not a possibility by your own example, but moving you to an existing item of that description (or moving that item to you) is.
    Nope, it mentions it under the ability to pervert a wish which means that he wished for something beyond his XP cost to create as I have shown that due to lack of specifics yet still grounded rules it is possible to create without prerequisites.
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2012-09-16 at 03:25 PM.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.