Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
Lake

A brief patch of sea-mist forms upon the lake. Drifting out of the fog comes a collection of flotsam originating from a large wooden ship. It's mostly disassociated planks, spars and beams, but amongst it all is a length of mast complete with rigging and sail, a capsized dugout canoe peppered with arrows and an almost complete ballista. The more interesting items are four barrels, a crate, a large chest, a large quiver of spear-sized wooden arrows fletched with white feathers and equipped with a heavy-duty barbed steel head and a large wooden door with a small humanoid figure resting upon it. The figure is lying on its back, and seems to be male and, judging by the size of the door, is not fully grown and most likely a child. His skin is a bright blue colour, and he's wearing a loose white shirt, brown leather trousers and a scaled cloak made of the hide of a large fish. His feet are bare and heavily callused, and his yellow hair is quite long and held up in a topknot, revealing pointed ears.
Lake

This boy is quite lucky that The-As-Of-Yet-Unnamed (Taoyu) Dragonite happened to be going to a swim at the time and the sudden change from fresh to salt water was notice by the dragon pokemon who had lived in both environs.

Raising from the water and out of the flotsam and jetsam, he notice the little human(oid). It's a common rumor that Dragonite rescue ships lost or becalmed at sea. It's common because it's true. Taoyu will gently attempt to lift the boy and fly him to the shore.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
Outside

"Um, the butler generally looms behind somebody just as they turn around, the builder doesn't realise he's dead and believes the manor's still under construction, the burning man does nothing but scream and the biplane's too far up to talk to. So no, they don't give out sage advice. The builder has pointed out a few secret passageways, though. Mum died when I was three. She was an alchemist, and mixed the wrong two ingredients." Natalie can't remember her mum; her death is one reason why her father doesn't want her to learn magic, and it's a reason why Natalie wants to learn magic. She wants to honour her mum by following in her footsteps; her father wants to keep her safe.
Outside

"I see. Dangerous stuff, alchemy and fire." Thel says. He can understand following in a parents footsteps in their honor. The Long Patrol doesn't discriminate gender.

"If'n it makes yee feel better, we'm both c'n symperthize." Maggie

"I was only a few winters old when I lost my mum, Maggie about ten, and both parents. Mine to her life as a soldier, hers..."

Maggie raises a palm and stops her companion. "Snakes. Just say'm snakes."

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
"When we first left our home colony, I heard an elven lady sing a very pretty and sad song. I didn't know what it was about and she just told me if was about something bad that had happened to her people. And I saw that there was so much music all around the world. And when my parents left me here while the Underside Colony was being built, I heard even more of it," Brinika explains. "And then I got Caretaker who played music for me."
My, she really is a blabbermouth once she gets going.
Main Cabin

"That's right, remind me to show some of my favorites some time," Justin offers. "Do you mind telling me what it's like in the underside colony?"