1. - Top - End - #1052
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: My Little Pony LIII: Stashing Ponythreads Around in Case of Ponymergency!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Don't read it just to satisfy my ego, read it because you think you might enjoy it Even if it doesn't get on EqD it'll still be read by at least a few people. That's one of the benefits of having a ton of followers on dA, and of course you guys here in ponythread, even if most aren't interested in my fiction at least some will decide it sounds interesting.
    I'm not normally a fan fic person. I'm much more appreciative of semi origonal material, even when it is blatantly based on another subject. There's -soo- many things that lots of fanfic writers do that I dislike that I've come across that I try to stay clear of them now.
    I can't say they're all bad, because I certainly haven't read them all. And I admit that I have no right to judge until I write something myself. But I normally only read them when recommended by someone with worthwhile opinions. And I've grown to respect this crew. Which is the only reason I'd even be willing to give a MLP fic anything more than a second glance. And in some cases, tears and vomiting.

Which one of yours is the fic in question? In your profile, right? Or should I stalk through your recent posts?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    I forgot about the buffalo one, but who cares about the buffalo?
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Smile Smile Smile - Literal Music Video
    I was going to post a Jaw-Drop pic, but really, I can't decide which one to use...

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Who cares? It doesn't look dumb.
    In the words of one of my idols: [it] look[s] ridiculous with that big banana on [it's] head.

I love you Vegito.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Honestly, I completed the entire pokedex in platinum and bred a team of several near max IV guys for competitive battling and then when black/white came out, I played through it once and couldn't find the will to start going through that whole effort again.

I want to fight you, -so- bad. But I understand. Besides, I can't accept challenges until I get my own team togther.

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    And that's a problem? I seem to remember something about "we were meant to rule together".
    Fair enough, but there's nothing wrong with being viable opponents individually.... though now, a double battle team would be pretty interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    Mm. Personally, I played a friend's copy of Crystal for some time, and then a while later his copy of Sapphire, and then picked up Emerald for my own, and a few months later came to the conclusion that I simply didn't like it. So I sold it back, and haven't regretted that action in the intervening three-plus years.

To put it another way: Pokemon, like ponies, aren't for everyone.
    Again, fair enough. I just get a bit carried away when things get through the afro and the hard head and actually get noticed by my brain. Pokemon is such a thing.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-09-19 at 07:18 PM.