Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
II

Anyway, I sent them this response. Now I wait and see what they reply
Spoiler
Show
Thank you. I have fixed the minor issues you listed (see notes below, however), and I hope you will accept my story with these changes because I won't otherwise be resubmitting it at this point, as much as I really, really want it to be featured.

I will be happy to fix any and all errors that are pointed out to me, and I try hard to learn from them, but I won't be making another big effort to hunt down commas and other minor issues in the existing chapters. At least not until the whole story is finished, which will be a while.

I do my very best, I even used the search function the first time to check every single comma and semicolon, but I can not guarantee there won't be a few more errors like these no matter how carefully I check for them. Some will always slip through.

A few important notes on some of your specific points:

> You start dropping shipping hints way too early. It feels a bit forced.

The fact that she might be rushing into a premature romance with a stallion she's only just met is very deliberate, and will become an issue. The real romance, for the record, will be between Dash and Twilight, but that will be developing more slowly.

> Italicize explicit thoughts or don't use 'she thought' for non-explicit thoughts.

I will change this if you insist, but I don't agree it is a direct thought. If it had said "doesn't even matter if I die, she thought" instead of "didn't even matter if she died, she thought" it would be a direct thought and should be italicized.

> Please include a full plot outline in your resubmission, so we have some idea of where you're going with this.

Any particular reason?

I value the fact that only I know what's really going on. Once the story is complete I'll be happy to spoil it to anyone who doesn't mind, but while it's still incomplete I like to make sure the mystery is well kept. If you have specific concerns perhaps I can help, but I won't be giving away the plot.

If you are worried that it will turn explicit or something in later chapters, I can only say that I have no such intentions. It will have romance and intimacy, but nothing explicit. I also have no desire to indulge in gore ala Cupcakes. I don't expect anything much darker than what is already present in the first four chapters.
Thanks. I'll try to get back to you later, but it may take some time and you may be well better served by askng yourself. That said, I think it would not be a good idea to say you won't be checking for every minor error. Gives them the impression that you're sloppy.

As for the plot summary, I actually don't see any reason not to give them. It's not like they'll spoil it to anyone else (knowing them).