1. - Top - End - #1070
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: My Little Pony LIII: Stashing Ponythreads Around in Case of Ponymergency!

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    That was a massive post
    I try to be Pringles.

But my Mustache isn't very Curleh yet.

So I try to make due with an exubarrent personality.

Besides, it's ya'll's fault for getting me fired up. Wind up the ADHD kid about a subject he's borderline obsessive about, and act surprised that he can speak for hours about it. Being surprised that you get bitten by a snake you've been steping on is more reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    It's always nice to be a font of change
    So long as I'm not being offensive or too annoying, anyway...

I said Blue/Green because the copies I read swapped between the two due to a poor translation. I mean the girl with the ditto.
    .... You've been Gannon Banned. That's Blue.

Now while Ruby does reflect Rarity's love for fashion and is a pretty good pick I chose Blue because Rarity seems like the pony who prefers using tricks and tactics like Blue does. Also Ruby's love for beauty doesn't seem sincere enough.
    The only thing that was remotely insincere abut his love of beauty was that he didn't have it since birth, having changed when he was little, which isn't unreasonable. And Rarity certainly seemed somewhat dirrect in her brief part in the battle with the Manticore... and Ruby doesn't seem like he wouldn't be tactical...

He's stylish, strong, and smart. The real main difference is that he doesn't seem to want to go that far out of his way for anything not dirrectly in his path. He certainly isnt a candidate for Element of Kindness, that's for sure.

I thought of Emerald but discounted him for while he does use some cool tricks and gadgets he is also a very intelligent fighter who is pretty coldly calculating. He is also resistant to making friends and the like.
    Fair enough.

Cheren is discounted for not being a 'Dex holder. Krystal is good but doesn't quite get the book learning and lack of 'real' experience that Twilight and Platii both share. Also they both had to learn about basic social stuff.
    See previous response.

Sapphire I discounted for her total lack of care about what most people think of her. Have you seen Read it and Weep yet? Being like Indiana Jones just makes Rainbow Dash more like Gold then ever. Also Gold is more arrogant and brash then Sapphire who pretty much is just wild, not hot headed.
    I have not seen Rad it and Weep yet. I suppose I should try to finish the few I haven't quite gotten around to yet in the first reason. I was just watching some of them with a friend.

Oh Red's awesome don't get me wrong. It's just that his awesome doesn't come much from training but instead from learning lots from every fight and never backing down.
    .... Red's awesomeness has come from years, 16 specifically, of training from -hell-, in addition to what he learns in his fights. He worked his ass off to get as good as he is, and it shows immensly. Training after losing to Mew, training with Misty, and Mt Silver (without and with Gold), not to mention Frenzy Plant Training, just to name a few off of my head. And that's not counting all of his incredble battling experience... Capturing the entire freaking Safari Zone by himself... that's pimp.

Red's Gar.

Applejack I can see as training harder but being too stubborn/honorable to learn the different tricks that Red learned from underhanded opponents like Team Rocket.
    Most of the people Red has learned from he's learned from while they've been getting ready to become good. Most of the bad guys in MLP don't really have much redeeming qualities to learn from.

I could be wrong about the lessons part, though. I definitely gotta re-read this series...

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    ...yes I can.
    Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    actually, i would argue just that.
    the latter is clearly trying too hard. i mean, it has an emo haircut ffs
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Staraptor is a Dweeb.
    While I respect your right to have a differing opinion, I still wanna say don't hate. Haters

He caries himself cool.

At least Staraptor actually tries to get back up if it gets knocked out. I still remember in Stadium when Pidgeot gets knocked out, it falls to the ground and falls over like a drunk person, tap dancing to the side bfore it's head hits the floor. Staraptor actually tries to keep on. That's boss.

Plus, a Pidgeon can't do a Wombo Combo. Only a Bird of Prey can. (Language Warning)

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    No worries. And I hope you like it. Do let me know once you've read it
    I will. Promiss.

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    well, there's something to be said for the improvements made through the editing process.
    That's not actually a bad idea; reread your old material and see what you catch with your experience...

Quote Originally Posted by Spamotron View Post
    When it comes to Ponies and Pokemon all I know is that Fluttershy must have a Shaymin. Adorable, incredibly shy Pokemon that prefers to hide rather than fight, is associated with Gratitude a perfect complement to Kindness, and when pressed to protect those it cares about transforms into a flying badass warrior. You couldn't ask for a better Pokemon for Fluttershy if you asked Game Freak to make one custom for her.

Bulbapedia Link: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...ok%C3%A9mon%29
    ..... I should have fished for legendaries for her. You're dead freaking right.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    I bet Fillystata wouldn't pass now. My other two stories on EqD (Pinkie Prefers... and Nightmare Sonata) both went through this kind of nitpicking too. My stories also never really achieved 5 stars (I don't consider a score of 4.1 to really be 5 stars, even if technically it was). I don't think I'm considered that established as a good writer on EqD.

"As Celestia is my Witness" was never submitted to EqD because I figured why bother when it was already flooded by views from rocketing into the FiMFiction stratosphere all randomly?
    Perhaps you should submit it anyways. Build up some fame with the EQD people.

In non pony news I can't recommend A Miracle of Science enough. It has mad scientists, cool tech and spaceship battles.
    ....... if you don't mind me asking, how do you write, those who do? I have a completely unorigonal piece of trash rattling around in my head, and I'm not sure if I'm better off venting it by trying to use some of the world in a D&D game, or writing out the story that I see whenever I close my eyes. ... I might draw an OC...

Hell, maybe I'll pull a Luka, claim the Element of Denial, and Ponify him.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-09-19 at 09:09 PM.