View Single Post

Thread: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

1. - Top - End - #873
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of the Sun View Post
    I think that the kids have grieved for the family members, well, apart from Jade.
    Onscreen at worst....about 6 minutes MAX.

The webcomic is about weird apocalyptic videogames and figuring out what the hell is happening.
    Feelings and emotions are part of that. Otherwise its just a spectacle comic that jingling keys in my face. On the likes of 2012 and Transformers.

Scowling Dragon, I think you've come into the comic with the wrong expectations. Homestuck is about the weird random videogame adventures and stuff as well as funny chat logs.
    Then don't give me genocide. Don't give me gruesome murder, and don't try to develop the characters.

Just because it hasn't been shown that the kids grieved and have had the emotional issues doesn't mean they didn't happen.
    John wen't back in time and killed president Lincoln with Dave. It just happened offscreen.

edit:

In fact John gained the ability to time travel, and shoot blasts of liquid chocolate. Its just offscreen.

Homestuck is a mystery story, not a character drama.
    Then don't add the end of the world and gruesome murder. Then don't GIVE me character Drama. The last 500 updates where mostly character Drama. Don't give me character drama if its terrible.

That's because that's specifically the mood Hussie is aiming for.
    Then he doesn't want me to care about the characters. If the comic, and the characters don't treat all the horrible things that are going on with any seriousness then I can't get invested. Why should I care about whats going on?

If I don't care then its just a spectacle comic.

It's not that Hussie's a bad writer, it's just that you're looking for a different kind of story.
    I beg to differ. I want a story where I care. If Hussie doesn't want me to care, and only care about the spectacle then at the very best he isn't a GOOD writer.

As for how Meenah is a horrible person: yeah, probably. I still like her anyway, though.
    Sure fine.
    Last edited by Scowling Dragon; 2012-09-20 at 01:20 AM.