Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
When Dave fought Bro he was close enough to hear the dying screams of his neighbors and the exploding cars.
Actually, because of the flames and the falling meteorites, he probably couldn't hear them.

Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
Onscreen at worst....about 6 minutes MAX.
Again, I'd just like to say about this that I really disagree. Okay we're going to ignore Jade for the moment because her Grandfather died when she was so young that she had time to get over it when the game had started.

We'll start with Rose and Dave - both had very visible reactions in the immediate aftermath of their parents' deaths. However, once that's over you assume that the grieving is over. I completely disagree. I would say that their basically suicidal tendencies came down to the fact that they had not (and quite probably have not, but we haven't checked in on them enough to be sure) come to terms with their parents' deaths. That's the most overt example I can think of, but there are others.

To be clear - my point is that their grieving doesn't have to be "My parents are DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!" for it to be real and affect them. They don't have to preface every sentence with "Because bro died I will: " for their actions to motivated by that.

As for John, he was also affected by his father's death - but was then immediately cut down by Jack. After that, we didn't really see too much of him for a while, but he seemed to be in a rage, judging from how he fought. Last year on the spaceship he was still John but there were still signs of the underlying rage left by his father's death and his inability to avenge him -elements which are made even clearer this year.