View Single Post

Thread: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

1. - Top - End - #885
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    No, it doesn't. The more logical conclusion, given her initial introduction, description of her pre-death personality, and pretty much everything else shows how she is, it's entirely reasonable to assume that while the authority and independance has it's attraction, so does the violence and bloodshed in an at least equal amount.

You're downplaying and outright ignoring all the cues to how bad she is. It's actually appalling how you've been doing it. She first tried to stab a girl to death on a whim, then got confirmed to be stabby and violent all the time, then once things start happening her first reaction is to find the guy causing trouble and kill him despite everyone else pointing out the insanity of it.

She's crazy. She's violent. Mass Genocide is right up her alley and if she had a few thousand years of power it's very much likley she'd turn out like her counterpart.

You can try changing words and making illogical assumptions as much as you want but we're using evidence and quotes from the actual story against you and you have nothing but headcannon to fight it with. This isn't an argument you're going to win simply because you have nothing substantial to fight with.
    Sorry I didn't respond to this last night, but I have to make a few comments on this.

First: Meenah chose to exile herself to the moon because she was not willing to play the good little princess role. Before any of the violence, before the scratch-evading massacre, before anything else about her, she did not like to be bound to other people's rules. So, no, adoring her alternate for being a self-defined domineering tyrant is not less valid than adoring her alternate for being an unrepentant mass murderer. Both are valid ways of interpreting what we've seen thus far.

Second: I don't think anyone here is saying she's a good person. I don't think anyone here is even arguing that she's neutral, and there's people who will argue that about Belkar. Meenah is the Beforus equivalent of Eridan - an unrepentant, repulsive jackass who I doubt anyone was glad to see involved in the game. The only difference is that Meenah proved a critical asset to her team while Eridan seemed to do nothing but hurt his own side. There is, however, a wide variety of evils ranging from generic Jack (Spades Slick, not Sovereign Slayer) to Lord English. My argument is that she could be seen to be on the Jack side of that range, and that refuting any but the most negative interpretation possible is not being intellectually honest, either.

Finally, don't use Alternian troll logic for Beforus trolls - they're completely different animals evolved from the same source: the hemospectrum and the obvious inequalities inherent in it. Alternian trolls think of lower bloods as cattle, Beforus trolls think of lower bloods as handicapped (mentally as well as physically). Both are demeaning, but one excuses subjugating them while the other requires patronizing them.

By Alternian standards, the trolls who committed actual "murder" were Eridan (against Feferi), Kanaya (Eridan), and Terezi (Vriska). Everything else was against lower bloods, and thus culturally acceptable.
    Last edited by Calemyr; 2012-09-20 at 09:30 AM.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.