View Single Post

Thread: Borderlands 2

1. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Borderlands 2

Quote Originally Posted by polity4life View Post
    I'm at level 15 with my gunzerker and, although I'm having a fun time, I noticed a far steeper difficulty curve relative to the first game. Maybe it's that Salvador is entirely weapon dependent, maybe I had more rust than I thought, or maybe the game is objectively harder, but until I started landing some nice E-weapons and purples, I was dying with regularity. While that is only mildly annoying, what made dying so frequently frustrating was the fact that some enemy models and munitions fired don't mesh well.

For example, I had found two nice Jakobs assault rifles: one that shoots grenades that bounce once then explode and another that just fired explosive bullets. You can shoot directly at a target where the bounce is negated and the damage is just dealt for every mob type save for those that use the Nomad model. The bullets of either gun would bounce through or simply pass through the model without causing damage, regardless of shooting from the hip or down the sights. Whenever I tried any other gun I had no problems but my best guns were assault rifles, which brought me to frustration.

Thankfully I found better guns, which include a purple Jakobs assault rifle (the bouncy grenade one) mentioned above only it pumps out 175 per hit. And I found an obscenely powerful E-weapon SMG that mulches those mobs.
    I think it is harder, and that it's particularly harder with an undergeared gunzerker. I also play Sal (and also am level 15), and I got thwomped with unpleasant regularity.

Then I found out that how the game keeps track of how many golden keys your account has is a mere number in a simple text file on the PC version. Unlimited access to as many purples as you care to sort through makes Salvatore a whole heck of a lot of fun because, as you said, he's particularly gear dependent.
    Last edited by Calemyr; 2012-09-20 at 09:45 AM.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.