Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
I couldn't tell you and I don't know if you'd be able to find DIY materials online that would be trustworthy enough for you to try it at home. I presume, this being the information age and all that you'd be able to find something out of all the dross and dreck that mucks about the place, but we all know what assuming does. Not really sure what all I could say if I did know though, given the nature of advice.

I must admit though, one thing that has always annoyed me about how I was raised was that I never really did get taught the kinds of hands-on, necessary low-level handyman skills by my father. Granted, I spent most of my childhood being too much of a bookworm and general loser to have thought to ask to learn at the time, given that I was more interested in how explosions work than how to properly join things together or take care of what any adult should be capable of doing with their car or in the kitchen.
In response to your first paragraph: Experience beats a random Google search any day. I was hoping the playground had some experienced car mechanics or handy-men-persons.

I was lucky in the handy man skills I got, compared to my brother. I learned how to do every day home repairs, change my own oil, tires, fix a flat, put an egg in a radiator as a temp fix (not on this car, I swear) while my brother learned how to "shut up and hold the flashlight!"