DM Post

The battle had raged back and forth, with wounds opened by blades and flame only to be sealed shut with music and magic.

Then, the battle stopped. Two quick spells, and the mighty Fersavictorix and the disgraced general of Dis were gone. There was a brief pause in the crowd noise as they absorbed what had just happened, before the observing fiends broke into a mix of cheers, jeers, and throwing beers (fiend-beers). The roar of the crowd dies down slightly as Pavick's voice raises above the crowd, declaring the "slaves" the winners of the match. At Pavick's proclamation of Victory, the crowd again erupts into a mixture of applause, shouts of outrage, accusations of cheating, demands for a rematch, and laughing at this unique interpretation of victory.

As Asheroth adds his own voice to the din, the entire crowd goes silent as Asheroth declares the might of Cania, only to burst into laughter as he calls it the "ninth" hell. There is little time for Asheroth's slip-up to have much effect, as the Jammer suddenly bursts into the arena, billowing purple smoke from the top. Rope ladders are tossed down onto the arena below by the crew of the Jammer, much to the surprise of the devils on deck who had all braced for what they thought was going to be a spectacular crash.

The crowd is outraged! Screams and curses fly, and you can see several spectators starting to weave spells and gather infernal fire to fling on these slaves who would dare escape the arena, when suddenly a new voice rises above the din. It begins as a deep laugh, a sinister "Ho Ho" that reverberates throughout the spelljammers and astral dreadnaughts "Now these slaves are my kind of scum. Fearless, and inventive." Through the purple smoke and haze, you can see the outline of Baazebul slowly clapping, the slimey webbed hands making a wet slapping noise. "This wasn't what I had in mind by clearing your enemies from the field, but such daring plans should not go unrewarded." As the archduke of hell speaks, several of the devils that were preparing to blow the jammer into bits slowly lower their guard, watching Baalzebul with interest.

"It seems to me we have two options. You may join me for dinner as the victors, where we can discuss your future. Or you can flee the arena, and we will be forced to treat you as escaped slaves. What say you?" On either side, Baalzebul's advisors' eyes widen, and they quickly begin tapping the sluggish archfiend on the shoulder, trying to whisper in his ear. The Githyanki, outraged, also try to gather Baalzebul's attention, but the Lord of Maladomini keeps his attention focused on the group in the arena below, particularly the Shepherd and Asheroth.