View Single Post

Thread: Borderlands 2

1. - Top - End - #75
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Borderlands 2

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post
    Since I have endeavored to answer your question, sir, may I ask you one? You mentioned that you favored Jakobs as a Gunzerker. Now, I enjoy a good Jakobs. Fine guns, certainly. but I always found them best used from a distance, since carefully controlling my aim and fire rate to manage their recoil was how I got the most out of them. Sure, if you're caught point blank you can fan the hammer and empty your gun into a sucker, but in general Jakobs recoil is so fierce that I prefer to keep up a steady pace of fire, letting the recoil level out, rather than dump my magazines into a guy.

For my Gunzerker, I was planning on either dual wielding Vladofs (because if you put out enough bullets fast enough, you'll hit something) or Hyperion weapons, particularly SMGs. With Hyperions, your first shots are going to miss anyway, so you might as well hip fire and gain all the benefits wherein, and as you shoot more, you suddenly become dead accurate with very little recoil. This seemed a natural fit for Gunzerking, what with it being locked into hip-fire, and a way to extend the reach of the Gunzerker. What are your thoughts on this theory? Do your experiences speak against such an approach?
    I prefer Jakobs for a couple reasons. Firstly, and most importantly, the best guns I've found happened to be Jakobs and my effectiveness has skyrocketed. Secondly, since I'm spec'ed for Brawn, I don't get some of the great benefits, like better ammo regen, offset usage, and gunzerker duration, afforded to those who built up the Rampage tree and use high-bullet capacity guns. Continuing on build, as primarily Brawn, I gain weapon damage and fire rate bonuses for being damaged. Seeing as how I'm going to fire faster and hitting for more damage since I'm going to be hit anyway, I don't mind eschewing faster firing guns for slower, harder hitting guns. As of right now, I'm of the belief that Jakobs will help me maximize that approach.

Are Hyperions or Vladofs best-in-slot? They could be, especially for Rampage builds. They could even be for Brawn builds too but I'm going to roll with what I have for now. If I find some good Hyperions or Vladofs, I'll switch over and see how that goes.
    Last edited by polity4life; 2012-09-21 at 12:15 PM.
    Demonlobster.com because we both know that you know that I know that you like fun!

The most intense eight seconds of your life, for real.