1. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: GitP Dwarf Fortress Succession Game 4: Dwarves on Patrol

Seeing as I'm the only player available it seems I'm taking the fort next. First update should be some time later today.

EDIT:

Journal of overseer Brewer 'Shapdoinkle.'

Spoiler
    Show

So, I was selected to be the overseer for Domainstaves' third year. Why? Hell if I know. Evidently nobody else want the the job. Seems to be a trend in my family, that just as things start to go straight to Hell we get called in to fix everything. I mean, yeah, we're good at it, but it's still annoying.

Fine, whatever. Might as well see what I've got to work with.

Spoiler
    Show

Oh, well, isn't this fabulous, we have maddwarves running around already.

Spoiler
    Show

And we have minimal booze. WHY IS MY FAMILY THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN GET A FORT AWAY FROM THE BRINK OF SOBRIETY?! Ugh! I should have known, I guess.

Spoiler
    Show

There's a zombie peahen bricked up behind some ice walls. Of course. Upon second look there are three more zombies in there with her.

Spoiler
    Show

The farms are at the end of a long hall. No seed stockpiles in sight.

Spoiler
    Show

There's also this hall leading out to the middle of goddamn nowhere for no apparent reason.

Spoiler
    Show

Severed body parts, expended bolts, and zombie animals litter the surface.

Spoiler
    Show

Another hall leading off to terminate just shy of the surface for no reason I can imagine.

Spoiler
    Show

A baby sits, naked and unattended, on the bare ice in the middle of the barracks while a soldier trains alone nearby.

Spoiler
    Show

And a ghost is just kinda chilling near the entrance because we evidently don't have enough undead.

Spoiler
    Show

Our mechanic is messed up pretty good and languishes in his room because we evidently don't have a hospital.

Spoiler
    Show

Children hanging out at the graveyard. Freakin' goth kids, I swear...

Spoiler
    Show

Someone is throwing a party at the damn well. I put an end to that horsecrap by removing its designation as a room.

All of our seeds were being hauled around in the same barrel. AUUURGH! I want to bloody cry! It seems like previous overseers had just told everyone to store crap wherever there was any free space.

Spoiler
    Show

There are a bunch of tables and zombies that have been deposited in the caverns for some reason, evidently. I will not stand for this stupid crap. NO, we are NOT going to build the first living/undead hybrid community fortress, damn it! I've got a plan to deal with them.

Spoiler
    Show

Preliminary digging plans. You can probably see where I'm going with this.

Spoiler
    Show

A few levels lower... Miners, get to damn work.

Spoiler
    Show

I don't know, man. I just do not goddamn know what to think. Were prior overseers insane? It would explain an awful lot (like being here, for one.) As far as I can tell everybody was just allowed to do whatever they felt like doing. It took me a pretty good chunk of time to reassign everybody's work orders.

Spoiler
    Show

Expanding the hospital because I'm sure we're going to bloody need it. Well... I won't need it because I'm awesome like that, but I'm sure future overseers will.

Spoiler
    Show

WHAT?! WHY?!

Spoiler
    Show

THIRTY-FOUR FREAKIN' DWARVES?! WHAAAT?! NO! GO AWAY! None of them even have any useful skills!

Spoiler
    Show

... Well... >_>

Last edited by Shpadoinkle; 2012-09-22 at 10:50 AM.