Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
The only change to "canon" I thought was good was
Spoiler
Show
Taint. Or, more preferably, Flux. To be exact, in the original, Twilight somehow had taint-purgers before IMP was ever completly done. Flux helps explain the shear amount of what would otherwise be wayword IMP and gives a reason for why mutations are everywhere in the wastes: It was in all sorts crap already.

Also, I would say that the removal of Goldenblood and actualy using Horse (you know, that one guy who shows up, like, three times and is hardly mentioned otherwise?) would be preferable. Golden kinda steals the show from everyone and everything. I swear, if he shows up as a Canterlot Ghoul or something in the last five chapters or somesuch.....

Also, there has been a sort of clarification about the Megaspell missiles: his little orginisation was launching missiles after the moon landing, apparently for the war. While it seems to be a cover for testing another viable moon landing (because the general theory is that the Core is actualy a friggen spaceship), it might be that Luna took him down because he got his hooves on Zebra tech and never told anyone else. Also, there were those megaspell chambers underground, so "typical" pony megaspells were around in some form.

Spoiler
Show
I'm not sure if this was the worst Goldenblood moment but it is pretty close. Where Spike betrays Twilight and wipes her mind because Goldenblood convinced him it was the better idea. Despite her somehow knowing about the Gardens of Equestria anyways in the original.

I gave up on Project Horizons since Security convinced Little Pip to take drugs, thus stealing away one of her morally ambiguous decisions. That was the tipping point for me. So the latest stuff I don't even know about. In my personal headcanon Security died in the water fighting the Steel Rangers and never found a single memory orb.

I would like to point out that in the original Taint was very rare. We see it in the areas around Maripony and nowhere else. If I'm remembering it correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
Ah? Well, that wasn't exactly the point I was meaning to make. I have no objection to long; I started late enough into Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality, and into Embers, that they were huge before I found them. But there are many things classed as Dark that I don't care for in a vanilla form, but that can be mitigated by other elements int he story.
I'm not entirely sure what you're saying here. So correct me if I'm wrong.

Fallout Equestria is dark, and has some pretty dark moments. However most of it comes from the horror of how reasonable the fall of ponykind is. Well and Raiders. Besides that I wouldn't say it's darker then Fallout 3 at a close look.