Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
Let me see if I can clarify, using a completely separate example.

Mistborn, by Brandon Sanderson, is in some ways a very dark book. The characters mostly don't realize it, but something went horribly wrong a thousand years ago; ashfalls from nearby volcanoes are common, the ideas of flowers, green plants, blue skies, and stars are mostly unknown, they're ruled by an immortal tyrant who lets his top nobles go to war with each other every so often and actively encourages the oppression of the "skaa" class... but it doesn't feel dark. We're looking at the world mostly through the eyes of one character, who's getting her horizons hugely expanded and getting swept up in a charismatic revolutionary movement, and there are witty remarks and balls and street slang and subterfuge... and so, despite the inherent darkness of the setting, it's not that dark a book. (The sequels somewhat less so, but that's a slightly different issue.)

That's the sort of thing I'm saying. I have no problem with post-apocalyptic settings as such, but I want them to be tempered in their presentation. I don't mind learning how things came to such a pass, or what the present is like, but I don't want the underlying bleakness to be the whole story. Especially if it's also a pony story.

Does that help you understand?
I think I see...

Well in that case the it will be pretty dark for you. Afterall it does go to some efforts to show you the mistakes each of the Mane 6 made, which all contributed to how bad things are in the current times.

Ultimately it's a story about hope though so I think you might be able to get through it.

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
*burps up ponytail*
>,>
<,<
So that's where my tail went! *Takes tail, places on head.*