Very mixed reaction for the power of three:

Spoiler
Show

The funny bits were wonderfully funny, I loved the "little schoolboy" in the doctor who started increasing the number of times he'd kicked the ball and then called for mum (well Amy in this case) to come and look. Though while it was very funny it pointed out the uncharacteristic darkness of other episodes this season.

Brian was wonderful, I want to see more of him. He remained fantastic after a repeat showing, that usually doesn't happen.

Plot and pacing wise... this was suppose to be a 2 parter. I'm not saying that because traditionally 2 parters happen about now in the season, I'm saying that because of the pacing and story. There is a long build up before anyting happens with the cubes, which works wonderfully if they plan on having a following epsiode explain things. Heck, the cubes would have made a wonderful season long arch with the threat that they'd set up. I mean, you have a looming threat which doesn't seem to do anything aimed at provoking humanity into destroying itself, and the culprit behind it is nothing other than the boogeymen of the Time-Lords; an interdepartmental, extra-temporal, judge jury and executioner... a very literal Auditor of Reality.

Then you've got the questions that get raised: Why were they kidnapping some humans and holding them in that interdemensional ship? What exactly had cause the cops outside of time to choose that moment to attack humanity. With the Sontorans, The Cybermen... heck most Extra Terrestrial threats it can be as simple as: because they happened to stumble on earth at that point, but for a species that exists outside of time they could choose any moment in the span of time and space to exterminate "the human plauge" including humanities original evolution.

If they established that, say for example Torchwood's defiance of species 456, or the incident with the Atraxi, or even just the existence of the Ponds (and therefore River Songs) were essential to the continued functioning of time, then they have place for a philosophical discussion between the Doctor and the Auditor on how that proves humanity is more than a Plauge, but is important. Then you have a second episode themed around the Doctor's charge to prove the worth of Humanity. During that we find out what the captured humans were for, what the cube mouths are, and we have a fun point to end the 2 parter on. (Still blow up the doom ship because they couldn't prove humanity's worth and leave earth with a warning to become better, or make a defense on the virtues of humanity and cause the aliens to stand down... and continue with the "Doctor Who" thing.

On the puntastic ending "Power of Three." bit - thing is... Amy didn't really do anything. Rory was off trying to save people, found the lift portal - though he didn't tell anyone - and the doctor soniced everything. So, Amy's self congratulatory "power of three" bit at the end came off really flat to me.

Overall it was a fun episode, the funny bits were great, but it left me rather disappointed all the same.