Quote Originally Posted by dehro View Post
and the "power of 3" line may sound impressive..but I have yet to understand what they actually meant by it other than trying to look cool. was it a not so subtle reference to the Dr+ the Ponds? so..your point?.. was it something else??
Unspoilered because it doesn't really reveal anything about the plot--yes, "the power of three" is supposed to refer to the threesome of The Doctor, Amy, and Rory; an it's a pun about cubes--a number raised to the power of three is also referred to as the number cubed, much as a number raised to the power of two is referred to as the number squared. It's a bit of a lame pun, really, but to get it you have to understand about powers in the mathematical sense.

Oh, and I saw a review somewhere that pointed out that there is another reason that the number three is a theme in this episode--
Spoiler
Show
there are a number of call-backs to the Third Doctor. UNIT, which was prominent in the Third Doctor's era is back, and the Doctor solves the problem by reversing the polarity of the cubes (the Third Doctor "reversed the polarity" a lot). There were probably others that I missed.