1. - Top - End - #879
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Mercenary Pen's Meticulously Planned Machine of Prose Random Banter #182

Well, I play guitar, bass, trumpet, piano (poorly), mallet percussion, drum kit (poorly), and some other assorted percussion instruments. I'm pretty good at picking up things to the point where I can play simple songs, but the only instrument I consider myself really good at is bass.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    I play piano! But to broaden the topic: I'm mostly a fan of jazz. Sing, Sing, Sing by Benny Goodman is possibly the best piece of music ever written.
    I wish I had more inclination to practice playing piano; I'm not very good at it. It's hard to go wrong with jazz, even the stuff that's really "out there".

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic_Comedian View Post
    I play the guitar, harmonica, banjo, mandolin, etc. Folky stuff. What I really would like to learn is some kind of horn, though. I do love jazz so much.
    Horn... you mean brass? (some people I know call everything a horn, from a clarinet to a tuba, so I have to check) Trumpet's fun, if a little difficult to just pick up and play. I've never played a french horn, so I can't say much about that, but they do sound nice. The lower brass instruments tend to be easier to play (except maybe the tuba, that takes some serious air), but I never put much time into learning how to play them, so I can't say much there either.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    The only instruments I played where the Recorder and Trumpet. Both were really really hard and I gave up and I actually got banned from music class for the rest of my middleschooling.
    That's terrible! No one should be banned from taking a class, especially something like music.
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2012-09-23 at 08:24 PM.
    A few odds and ends.