I don't like how we got here, but I think this is an interesting topic unto itself: One thing I've learned from the poly community; there are "languages of apology". For some people, the words "I'm sorry" actually make any apology feel insincere.

Languages of apology are actually one of the lesser known pieces of compatibility (not just for romantic relationships, but it's important there as well).

When a person feels wronged in some way, what will make it right again for them is based on their language(s) of apology.

Also, people usually apologize in the way that they would most like to receive, unless they learn to do otherwise. Hitting all 5 is never a bad idea.

Here's a summary of the basic 5: http://www.5lovelanguages.com/learn-...es-of-apology/

Mine would be for a person to acknowledge that I had a problem with what they did, explain to me their train of thought, and discusses with me how to avoid this problem in the future. I don't need the words "I'm sorry", but they can help some. Of course, the explanation is a 6th language of apology, and is not very common. Most people get really insulted if you start to explain your train of thought in an apology.