Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
We could always talk about music. Does anybody play any instruments?
I play piano, glockenspiel, accordion/bandoleon/musette, harmonica and kazoo proficiently.

I learnt how to play violin in terms of theory but am not able to play fluidly, I just can produce a C or any other note if you ask for it, not Ein Kleine Nachtmusic. Same thing for guitar, ask me for a chord and I can make it, but can't play fluidly.

I can play any Metallophone moderately right but that's because of the glonkenspiel and my left hand is not to the level of a proper Metallophone player.

As for winds I know recorder like every kid and circular breathing so in theory I could pick up wind instruments, I just don't find them alluring enough.
Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
I play piano! But to broaden the topic: I'm mostly a fan of jazz. Sing, Sing, Sing by Benny Goodman is possibly the best piece of music ever written.
I prefer more modern Jazz.
Uehara, Jamiroquai, Sample, Petrucciani, Ozone, Burton and Corea.

And well, touhou jazz:
sweez, Swing Holic, Bizen, トマト組 & Bos, koutaq
Quote Originally Posted by Tragic_Comedian View Post
I also like jazz. But a lot of modern jazz is just like wanking with musical instruments. Some of it's pretty good. What I like the best is trad jazz and Dixieland, stuff like that. I always thought maybe even if I didn't play a horn I could find a home in the rhythm section with my guitar or a tenor banjo, but man... All those barre chords.
You mean "freeform" jazz?

Most modern jazz is actually quite complex and structured. They explore complex chords instead of going through the same progressions with different melodies, actually trying to do something new harmonically. There are also properly folkish modern jazzists, Vangelis and Kitaro both are fantastic in terms of instrument exploration.