1. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Building a Dragonborn Con/Cha Paladin - any advice?

Some interesting advice all around.

Virtuous Strike + Power of the Sun is extremely tempting. Handing out radiant vulnerability while wielding a sunblade is a thing to which I have trouble saying no, particularly when we also have a cleric in the party.

I'm not massively worried about wisdom, but I suppose it won't hurt me to lose a bit of charisma. That makes Io's Challenge even more tempting, of course.

I think I really do like Ardent Strike for my second at-will. I'm reasonably confident that my existing mark punishment is a good enough deterrent for the time being, so spreading the marks around is a good next step.

In terms of my next feat: the choices seem now to have expanded to Power of the Sun, Bolstering Breath, Io's Challenge or Devout Protector Expertise (Dragonmark feats are not on the table, I fear). While I would love to have all of them, obviously I can't yet. Bolstering Breath appeals because it changes how I use my dragon breath - instead of needing to work around allies, I suddenly want to catch allies in it. DPE is somewhat less desirable than it might be, since as I recall two of the other three party members already have a shield bonus to AC, so that the extra benefit is essentially "The ranger gets a +1 shield bonus to AC". At that point I could just take Heavy Blade Expertise instead and get as much or more out of it, since I have no great desire to take any implement powers anytime soon, and if I ever did want to I could retrain. Power of the Sun is awesome indeed, although I suspect my DM would swear the sky blue in response. And, of course, Io's Challenge gives a nice bit of bite to my DC while I'm bloodied. This is where I really feel I need advice, and I'd be grateful for anyone comparing the benefits of these feats.
    Last edited by Fortuna; 2012-09-24 at 01:30 PM.
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.