Quote Originally Posted by Dublock View Post
There is demand just because you can't get it. Sure you can't "show off" but you can't show off normal keys either. Ultimately I do believe that if it doesn't revert to a normal key, that there will be demand for it. Yes you might have to look for a bit, and no one here will be interested in it. But someone will. They will view it either as a really cool item, becuase for the sole reason you can't get it again, or they will see it as an investment because there will be someone else who is a collector that will want it for the sole reason of a more complete collection.

You can show off every hat and every vintage/strange weapon you get, but do you?

I have a Direct hit strange, that I have put maby 100 kills on that sits in my inventory, do I use it to "show off" nope I don't. It still has value though, I won't be selling it for a random weapon even though I won't use it any more.
maybe it's my thinking that's broken then. when i first re-joined TF2 i opened a crate and got a purple effect scout hat. to me it was useless. the 8 strange weapons I was offered for it though had use so I did the trade. it was probably a "bad trade" in relation to what it was "worth" but I got what i wanted for it.

I don't use my strange weapons to show off... I use them to count kills. my strange Brass beast has a few kills under it's belt... my only problem it it doesn't count robot deaths in MvM... there needs to be a strange part for that.