So I just tried out the demo for the new xcom game.

I am on the fence. On one hand, it looks like Xcom.

On the other hand, it does not PLAY like XCOM. Sure, the prescripted tutorial mission had 3/4 of your squad die, but once I was in control for the next mission and not being ****ing retarded like the tutorial is, the aliens ever only got two shots off. One of thos missed, the other destroyed a piece of cover without doing anything to my guy behind it. Kind of a joke really. Also, the consolitis, while not game-breakingly bad like it is in some games, is clearly in effect. The simple fact is that I didn't get to experiance enough GAMEPLAY (despite this being the demo) to even know how the finished product will play. How do the interception missions work? I have no idea, demo didn't cover it. What about letting me play with the base management somewhat, to see if that is still fun? nope. not covered at all*. So far I am not impressed, and will require watching totalbiscuit or somebody play some first before I decide if I want to spend money on it or not.

*technically included, but everything was prescripted demo bull**** with all your options already chosen for you and you can't even physically do anything else.