1. - Top - End - #1298
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

Alchazzar

"Yes father! Your will, my hands"

Raphael raised, his form stable now. He was dressed lavishly, his clothes bristling with gold and gems.

He gazed into the Well of Eternity and saw the emptiness of the Void around the First World.... so insignificant.
    A god, fingers trembling with power ready to be unleashed and yet all of his essence would not be enough to shape even a minuscole part of such emptiness.

"First things first" muttered Raphael to himself and closed his eyes, his godly willpower reaching for those who provided him with the energy to come into being: vampires.
    Raphael felt them, and they felt him back. Despite dead as doornails they bristled with desires, fears, bloodlust and hatred for humans! So he began to tweak with their senses, subtly but steadily pushing them towards him...

"OUCH!"

Raphael reeled, his bare senses had clashed with the work of another god who was already tweaking with the minds of some vampires: Fyurl.
    "Born minutes ago, and I have a rival already" he thought, and disappeared.

Calasanctium

"You will be my apostle, my hand and my will. You will lead your kin to my church and to glory and bloodshed. You will carry my Book, each one of its pages a spell of power... all of this will be yours if you promise to serve me. Or you may say no, maybe one of your brothers will instead say yes."

"NO!! I WILL! I will serve you my Lord! Bless me with this task!" said Heliah, an elder vampire on his knees who was already an authority among his kin.

"Willingly you accept your task, willingly you accept my gifts, willingly you accept me. From now until the end of times the magic of our pact will bind us together"

There was no flash, no strange display or anything weird. Such was Pact Magic: subtle but strong as the gods themselves. Raphael handed the Bible of Blood to Heliah.

"Thank you Lord! My brothers shall flock to your church or I will kill them myself!" said an exalted Heliah.

"Do not disappoint me with coercion. Offer them my power, bless them with my bible, tell them of my greatness, anything. Joining is an act of free will, if I see you coerce any of them I will take my gifts back"

"Yes my Lord, your will be done!" said the vampire and departed, looking at the Bible like a child looks at the ultimate candy.

After Heliah left, Raphael closed his eyes and reached for Fyurl with a short, direct statement: "Hello, you and I definitely need to have words"

Spoiler
    Show

Starting AP: 15, PAP: 0

Alter Land (-1): Raphael creates the Sanguine Cathedral: a great structure dedicated to himself and to the Church. It resembles the Vatican but it is more grim and made by black marble. Fountains of blood, human blood, adourn its courtyard.
    The land in roughly one square mile is barrened of life, its lifeforce snuffed out and absorbed by Raphael.

Craft Artifact (-4): The Bible of Blood - This artifact grants almost godly magical powers. It also urges the bearer to bind with Pact magic more and more entities to Raphael.
    It appears as a big book which drips blood when opened, and gives +2 to RCR to the bearer.

If the bearer is not binded to Raphael no ill effects will occur immediately, but the Bible will seriously urge him/her to invoke Raphael for.. "dealings".

Form Organization (-2): The Church of Raphael. Raphael wants veneration by his followers, and entering the Church requires bind via Pact magic, be it subtle or blatant does not matter as long as the pact is made.

Any new member will be given small benefits in return for the Pact: ability to cast spells approved by Raphael, enhanced martial power or something as mundane as better looks or "better skills under the sheets".

Heliah is the current Apostle of Raphael, the maximum charge within the church.

Bless (-1) : Raphael blesses the whole vampire race with the intent to awake latent magical powers into them.
    As an additional effect their resistance to magical attacks is increased slightly.
    Joining the Church of Raphael increases this effect.

Gain Domain (-3): Vampires (magic). Raphael forces his way into more elements of the Vampire domain, seeking to dominate all their magical portfolio; latent or wielded by their mages.

Join Pantheon (-1): Raphael wants to join The Circle of Darkness.

Remaining AP: 3, PAP: 0
    Last edited by Killerloop; 2012-09-28 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Colorfix'ed