Nothing at all wrong with drinking one drink the whole evening/occasion. Also nothing wrong with having no alcoholic drink whatsoever. I hardly ever have more than one (alcoholic) drink at a time or even in a day, because while I do very much enjoy how they taste, I very much do not enjoy feeling even a bit 'buzzed' and cannot stand being more affected than that. People often tell me I'm weird because of that, but mostly in a curious/joking around sort of fashion, and it's never been a problem. If people offer me more, I just say I'd rather not and that's that.

It's ultimately a matter of taste on how people think beer tastes good, of course. I like it (well, I like good beers, if that needs to be said), but I know some people including some relatives who dislike it fairly strongly. I like coffee also. And I don't understand why so many people like soda - I can hardly stand the stuff, especially the aftertaste to it!

I'm not sure about the acquired taste thing, although I suppose for some people it could be. I liked both beer and coffee the first time I had them, and I can't recall any time I thought something was awful to begin with and ended up liking it later on.

Come to think of it, unless you are going to a bar and perhaps even then (I don't go to bars much), I wouldn't think it would be seen as that odd if you had something entirely non-alcoholic that you prefer. I believe such establishments usually have non-alcoholic options for just that reason. Unless the whole point of the social occasion is to consume alcoholic beverages (I suppose those do happen occasionally though I avoid them with only slightly less fervour than the plague), I can't imagine it being all that odd if you don't choose to drink but do participate in other ways.