Quote Originally Posted by Talesin View Post

Jax

I find the odd thing with Jax, once he gets to level ~11 and has trinity force he cannot be duel by just about anybody. I'm also struggling to find a good way to transition to this to make his early game stronger.

I've been playing with the following:

Boots + 3p -> double Dorans -> Trin force
Boots + 3p -> Vamp sceptre -> Trin force
Boots + 3p -> Cutlass -> Trin force
Boots + 3p -> Philo -> TF

It depends on the lane but I think the vamp sceptre -> TF is the ideal build i'd want to go for because it allows you to hit his godmode status earliest. However the double dorans is necessary against certain laners because you can't take advantage of just standing in the minion line and bullying anyone who comes closest.

After TF, I agree with the previous posters, go for tanky. Wits, Giant's belt, GA, Hex Drinker, Randuins. Things like that to just keep you auto attacking longer.
Yes that's what I'm trying to do as well! If I can get a TF early in the game, then I'm set. If I can't, then I often find that I lag WAY behind, and end up becoming much weaker than I should be.

I've found that lanes like Teemo, Vlad, Rumble, etc. with a good ranged harass give me the most trouble in lane. I know that I can always Leap Attack to them, but when I disengage they easily make up the difference.

How do you normally counter these type of champions with Jax?