Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
It seems to me that The Culture is far more likely to listen than any normal 40k faction. They might ask for an explanation first, and maybe read a few Eldar minds to be sure they're serious (since jseah's already written in a decision that the situation is dire enough to warrant violating that privacy rule), but I doubt a Mind would dismiss something with that kind of historical evidence backing it up.

The big question, then, is whether The Culture's reaction to Eldar Farseer knowledge can be predicted by an Eldar Farseer. If it can, then I'd say this option instantly becomes the front runner by a large margin rather than a long shot.
The hitch is that the Eldar would have no way to know how reasonable The Culture is compared to the rest of the WH40K Universe; this is why what seems like the optimal approach is unlikely to be followed.

As a rule, Farseers specialize in "fate" and "destiny" -style predictions as opposed to "I know you know" sort of mind games. The lowest-level of prediction (and Fate Manipulation) I know of is battlefield-level in which a Farseer can increase the likelihood of armor deflecting shots or of wounds being fatal. In general they keep an eye out for big threats to their Craftworlds and then try to figure out a way to remove that threat with a minimal expenditure of Eldar lives. Could they predict the effect of contacting The Culture? Perhaps, but it would likely be in broad sweeps -- with an eye to any possible future that would endanger a Craftworld (such as a Corrupted Ship ripping open the Infinity Circuit of a Craftworld and drinking its souls for Slaanesh, after learning its location from the mind of the Eldar messenger).