Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
Tickled a funny bone, so to speak?

It is mildly irritating though - I would like to think my head's in charge of that part of me, rather than it being a semi-sentient being with a will of its own. oO
Oh psh. A hydraulic system activating when you're still for long periods, an the computer is running systems diagnostics? How is that taking control from you~?

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
*compares mental images of father with that of boyfriend and maternal grandfather*

*scratches head*
I guess nobody in both our families cares much about respecting psychology anyway. Or maybe that's because my mom's bi and I'm demisexual. But my father didn't look like my maternal grandmother either. Oh, what the hell, I'll get myself homemade cookies instead.
P.S.: yes, that's a funny, I know what "many" means.
(\ !

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
I figured they didn't. I was expressing doubts about the idea proposed by noparlpf who appeared to me to want to do something slightly less extreme but no less emphatic.

My point was that I don't think it's a good idea to place undue emphasis on the placebo when you're prepping people for the experiment.
I ... Don't recall Nope saying anything other than what I have. My track record is poor though, and we understand each other, so we're good.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
Worth it. Worth every second to be able to look down and not see a horrible bulge.
*nod nod* Buy bikini bottoms.

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
How different is the physiology? Pretty different. Different number of limbs, body shape, arrangement of organs. A biologist forced to classify her by earth standards wouldn't put her in with mammals by any stretch of the imagination, though they'd probably through a conniption fit if you suggested that she be lumped in with the insects (her closest appearance analogue) due to things like the internal skeleton, endothermia, and general internal chemical and physiological similarities with birds. Psychologically she's quite different as well, having sometimes unpredictable fear or anger responses and having a much stronger need for interpersonal contact. Her sense of humor is somewhat surrealist, and she just can't get her head around the ideas of money, acting, and certain facets of the education system among others.
Sign me up when you start writing. Sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
Really? I know for me, if I wanted to ignore my genitals, I would do anything but put pressure on them, because then I'd be constantly aware of them.
Though I seem to acclimate to constant sensory inputs less than normal people.

On the topic of uncomfortable crotch experiences, today it rained while I was in class and the seat of my bike got wet.
It's not that bad, really. The trouble isn't the pressure, it's all the fiddle bits interacting with gravity.

An I carry a plastic grocery bag in my bak pack for just such. Sometimes two, so Ivan either take it off for the ride home (thus leaving the bat onto prevent further raining) or to switch em.

Hmm... My gal recently discovered some trick involving women's briefs which she said works better with tucking and comfort than things she had tried before.
Oh neat. Which ones are briefs? I kinda... Lost track of what is what.
And the only source of info comes from cosplay sites of all places, with some very... Uh... Interesting advice. On the upside, they have the enefit of being able to pee while sitting down, which they list a a plus. On the downside, there is Saran wrap involved.

She said it involved using a bit of medical tape to keep things in place, then just putting ordinary lady's briefs on over it.
Hm. Nuts. That sounds painful or itchy, depending on level of shavery.pun unintentional.

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
*hugs to anyone I missed*

*cheeky flirts to anyone who wants them*

Speaking of good things in general... I now have a boyfriend. And I don't know how, 'cause he's so skinny... But he's so WARM! Gah, I just want to cuddle him now! safddfgsdfggoddamnitfdgsdfgsdfg!

-end rant

I could go on but I'd rather not be mean and shove my happiness down everyone's throats. That has happened to me way too much before now.

SO! How is everybody?!
Not bad. Kinda blegh but I'll sleep it off.
The warmth is fom the psychometabolism that keeps him skinny.

Quote Originally Posted by Selpharia View Post
*Hugs* for everyone.

EDIT: And congratulations, Mynxae!

@Astrelia/Absol- Everything you said I feel completely.

I had another therapy session today. The appointment itself was still great, but afterwards as I was walking home, thinking about all the obstacles that still remain to transition, all the things and people I could lose in the process, and how utterly wrong my body felt just hit me like a gargantuan wave. I got back to my apartment and spent an hour just cuddling my Rarity plushie and styling her mane while watching my roommate play video games to distract myself (once I'd calmed sown enough to not be on the verge of tears.) Thankfully, he didn't really question it.

dysphoria
Spoiler
Show

For me, the minor glimpses of dysphoria are like a kind of nausea that I get when I contemplate my male bits or look too closely in a mirror at my unconquerable scraggle. The sudden acute bouts feel like I'm turning into grotesque sludge and am falling slowly into an inescapable pit of blackness as my form slowly loses coherence. Paradoxically, my is more and more present and disgusting even as I imagine it slowly disintegrating into ooze.
Aye. I find the best thing is just not to let any of those thoughts in. They breed.

I tried tucking a few times today. Felt great, but without anything to hold things in place, it doesn't last long, and feels worse when it fails
Seriously, bikini bottoms.
Girl underwear is contoured differently because it's not designed to accommodate certain man bits. Girl swimwear is designe to be even more skin tight. You'll have to lay down to get it set up though. Tie on the sides is best.