Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
Sooooo

Any of you ka-razay pony artists take requests?
No. I am too lazy and unreliable. But ask anyway, because you never know what you'll get round here.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
The Canterlot Gardens Fighting is Magic Tournament just ended.

Result
Spoiler
Show
Hirosashii won with Applejack. Alpaca took 2nd place with Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash looks really impressive, I have to say, and Applejack looks completely overpowered to me. The final four were all AJ and RD, no Twilight, Pinkie, or Rarity made it out of the round of 8. I'm concerned that the commitment to having AJ as a high hp character is going to make her OP almost no matter what. The way the good people seemed to play involved careful poking into very long combos as soon as they scored a solid hit. Because AJ has such high HP compared to every other character, AJ can take 4-5 such combos, whereas nearly everypony else dies in 2-3.
Well, having not seen and being no expert, this could be several things. It could simply be that yes, Applejack is a little OP.

Alternatively, it could be a metagame issue. That is to say, there exist in potentia tactics that will reliably obliterate AJ, to the point where people will look back and laugh at the idea of her being high tier, and they just haven't emerged yet. Or perhaps she's just simpler than the others, or better suited to the players who picked her, or any number of other little things.

I think that it would be strangely fitting if AJ and RD were the two higher tier of the characters, personally. Someone invariably ends up in that spot, it seems, so there are worse ways the balance could have fallen.