Quote Originally Posted by Thrice Dead Cat View Post
Current plans are to work on a Binder who shunts his soul into a pseudo-phylactery to allow for a stronger bind to the vestiges. Names and flavor are probably going to come from Fall from Heaven 2.

EDIT:
PEACH for the Wakeless Titan
Spoiler
Show

The image is cheesy, but that's classic Scooby Doo for you.

Requirements fit, save for the stone dragon requirement, especially considering the whole "must be on land to use these abilities" nonsense for the school. Note that I personally dislike the resurrection requirement, but it's Halloween, so that's expected.

Still needs skills, preferably four plus with swim present. HD, BAB, and saves all look in order.

For proficiencies, you should also give them Light and Medium armor, if only on the off chance someone gets in without either.

Maneuvers and schools look in order.

Deep Shell makes sense and isn't bad, especially for a nautical campaign. The encumbrance is a nice, albeit minor plus.

Watery Grave is nice. Free swim speed and an odd subtype. Not bad. You should probably add "You may treat water as earth for the purposes of using Stone Dragon maneuvers and stances."

Blackwater Blood is nice. Free out of combat healing is always a plus.

Blackwater Body hits with Deep Shell.

Dredge Line reminds me of Bloodstorm Blade. Not much else to say.

Nautical Lights isn't much, but it helps shave the costs off of sunrods.

Wounding Strikes is nice. Free +2 weapon property and an extra +2d6 are very nice.

I'm having a hard time with rating Bring Them Down. There already exists a slew of maneuvers that work via ranged attacks. Having more is nice, but it seems to counter the bonus from Wounding Strikes.

Frozen Abyss just means packing some extra fire resistance. There's already precedence with throwing mortals subtypes anyhow with the frozen/flaming rage feats. Not bad.

I feel like Reel Them In should be an earlier class feature, but otherwise love it. Also, isn't there a different harpoon that does just this?

Love Brutal Impalement. Insuring hurt is always good.

Having Unstoppable's regeneration stopped by positive energy seems odd to me, but that's about it. Solid class feature, for sure.

One With the Depths is a solid capstone.
Thanks! The Stone Dragon "must be on land" thing is so silly I didn't even know it existed ! I picked that school because it fits the "brutal, massive hits" thing the WT has going on but I'll definitely add an exception into Watery Grave. Dredge Line and Bring Them Down are both straight out of Bloodstorm Blade, except not limited to 1 school because that PrC is...less than optimal. I wanted to give the class some ranged utility without making it a better choice than melee, considering the harpoon is technically a thrown weapon. Reel Them In is the defining ability, really, so I don't want it to come too early, but you think it's a bit too late as of now? Yeah, I wasn't really too sure about Unstoppable. I went with positive energy because the Depths seem more "antithetical to life" rather than "outright puppy-kicking evil" but Good would make sense too. Desecration damage from Sandstorm would probably make the most sense (and I think you already take more damage from it because of the Water subtype) but I'm not sure if it's too obscure to be balanced.

I really like the sound of the binder psuedo-lich; binder deserves all the love it can get. I could see the flavor being something like "shoving parts of your soul in a box so there's more room for the vestiges".

Horror PEACH is in this box!
Spoiler
Show
Skills look good, though I'd add Tumble. Why the alignment restriction though? Terrifying people sounds pretty lawful to me and is basically what paladins do all the time.

Feed the Fear and Swift Demoralization let them compete with the Zhentarim Fighter in the fear department which is always a good thing. Immunity piercing for fear effects is fine (and necessary for the class) but should give a bonus to saves to things usually immune to them.

I don't like the "unconscious for 24 hours" thing because A. save-or-dies without the save part suck and B. I can't think of anything that actually *causes* the Cowering condition now that I think about it, except Turn Undead and exalted feats.

The extra damage on Deathscythe might be a bit much, although it might not be compared to a martial adept. Consider specifying it's NOT doubled on a critical hit if you're going to let the threat range bonus stack with Keen/Improved Critical.

Reaper's Shroud is thematic, gives you a reason not to dump Charisma, and lets you fight ghosts. I like it.

Dread Form is a nice little boost: not overpowered, but it's cheap to use and doesn't last long. Probably what I'd save most of my Presence for.

Extended Demoralization is good but you should probably clarify what happens to the duration if you Charisma bonus changes.

I think Dread Servant is too much. As written, it's an unlimited number of better cohorts with effects you can't even replicate yourself. Definitely put a number limit on it. As much as I love love love xenoalchemy, it seems tacked-on considering the Horror has zero grafting ability herself. Maybe bonus undead construction feats applied instead?

Enhanced Intimidation is either way too powerful or way too cheap. As-is it's basically 3 Presence to completely negate any opponent with no save. Or ALL of them if you spend 9 more to expand the range.

Ultimate Nightmare is a nice capstone, especially the incentives to keep your Presence up.

I like it. Good combatant with a bag of neat tricks that can cause some serious damage, with style! Few minor things you should take a look at and/or clarify, but it's pretty damn solid.